
The Old Stone Mill in Delta Ontario, built in 1810-11, is the only surviving pre-1812 stone grist mill in Ontario and a designated National Historic Site of Canada. It is open to the public (free admission), from the May long weekend to Labour Day, with self guided or guided tours available.
The Old Stone Mill is an automatic grist mill, based on the designs of American inventory Oliver Evans. Inside the mill are interpretive panels, an operating waterwheel, millstones, bolter, grain elevators, hopper-boy, and artefacts illustrating the wheat milling process through the years.
The Delta Mill Society also owns and operates the Blacksmith Shop (adjacent to the mill) and the Old Town Hall in Delta which hosts various events and has public washrooms.
About every two weeks during the summer, and on special event days (Delta Maple Syrup Festival and Delta Harvest Festival), we grind heritage wheat into flour using our 200 year old millstones. Our cold stone ground flour is available for sale in our small Mill Shop. We also often have blacksmithing demonstrations taking place on milling days. The current milling and blacksmithing schedule can be found on the events page of our website.
Hours: Victoria Day Weekend to Labour Day Weekend, 10-5 daily.
Location: 46 King St., Delta, ON
Contact: 613-928-2584
Email: deltamillsociety@gmail.com
leedsheritage.ca 